This Privacy Statement relates to the personal data that SARADAR BANK (the “Bank”/”we”/”us”) collects about you in relation to the services available on the web site www.saradarbank.com and through Saradar Mobile Banking application.
It is necessary for you to supply the Bank with personal data in order to enable us to provide you with such services.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND THE SOURCE
Personal data that we collect from you includes but is not limited to:
- Full name
- Identification number
- Date of birth
- Number of dependents
- Contact details (including address, telephone number, e-mail address)
- Employment and income details
- Financial commitments
- Your photo
We may also collect your personal or financial data from other sources, including but not limited to credit bureaus, credit reference agencies, your social media accounts, your employers, your guarantors and your joint account holders.
Protecting your privacy is important to us. Personal data is highly protected by security safeguards as described below.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The purposes for which your personal data is collected and processed will vary depending on the nature of the relationship, which you have with the Bank. Broadly, they may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes:
- The processing of your applications for banking facilities;
- The daily operation;
- Conducting credit checks and assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks;
- Updating our records about you;
- Designing financial services or related products for your use;
- Determining the amount of indebtedness owed to or by you;
- Conducting market research and statistical analysis and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services;
- For prevention and detection of crime (including, without limitation, money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention, detection and prosecution); and
- For all additional purposes relating to the provision of facilities including the provision of computer, telecommunications and technology services.
This Privacy Statement will not alter or affect any information otherwise provided by you to the Bank. Details of your personal data may also be obtained from public sources or other sources which the Bank has access to.
PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security of your personal data is important to us, so the Bank is required to comply with the internal information security policies and procedures, which set out security standards including technical and organizational security measures. We require the same level of security from our external service providers. The personal data we collect from you is stored by us and where applicable by our service providers on secure servers and premises and protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In providing your telephone, e-mail address, facsimile number or other contact methods, you are agreeing that the Bank may contact you by telephone, e-mail, facsimile or such other method. External bodies (the “Authorized Parties”) to which we may disclose your personal data for purposes specified above are:
- any officer, employee, agent or director of SARADAR BANK or the Bank’s holding company, subsidiaries, affiliates, representative and branch office in any jurisdiction (the “Group”);
- professional advisers and/or service providers who are under a duty of confidentiality to the Group;
- any rating agency or direct/indirect provider of credit protection to any member of the Group;
- any party as required by any law or any government, quasi-government, administrative, regulatory/supervisory body or authority, court or tribunal;
- any credit reference agency that the Bank uses for credit assessment or credit review of you and parties related to the facilities provided by the Bank to you; and
The information collected from you by the Bank will be valuable in improving the design and marketing of our range of services and related products for your use. The Bank wishes to assure you that your private information will be treated as confidential and with high standards of security. The use of your information will be kept to the minimum required in order for the Bank to continually monitor and improve its services to our customers and keeping you informed about our products, services and other opportunities within the Bank.
In order to provide you with the best service and inform you about new products that the Bank deems may be suitable to you, the Bank would like to use your contact details (e.g. e-mail address, telephone, mobile) to provide you with information about our products or services. If you continue to deal or transact with us, you are deemed to have consented to us using your personal data for marketing purposes.
In case you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please let us know by notice in writing at the address stated below.
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data about you held by us. If you wish to access or request for correction or deletion of any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Privacy Statement, you may speak to the Bank’s Call Centre Agents or write to the Bank, as per the contact details below. The Bank may charge a fee for access to the information held.
You can also speak to any of the Bank’s Call Centre Agents or write to us for any queries relating to this Privacy Statement or otherwise relating to any use of your personal data by the Bank:
Call Centre Number: +961-4-727227
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
The Bank reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time and will place notice of any such amendments on the Bank’s website. Amendments to this Privacy Statement posted on the Bank’s website will become effective immediately. Using the bank’s website subsequent to posting these amendments means that you agree to the revised version.
This Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights, nor does it create any contractual obligations on the Bank in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.